William (Andy) Lauer
President and Owner, Lauer Commercial
A native Washingtonian, Mr. Lauer has been involved in real estate development and marketing specialist for more than 20 years. Specializing in the planning, developing, building, marketing and selling of single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, office buildings, warehouses, retail centers, apartment complexes, land acquisition and land sales. In addition, he also runs a Property Management company (Tetra Management Services) which manages nearly 1 Million Square Feet of commercial office space. To date, Lauer Commercial has brokered over a billion dollars worth of real estate properties and has developed over two million square feet.
In 1981, his father, the Late William H. Lauer formed Tetra Partnerships, a real estate partnership and brokerage firm. The focus of the company has been a full service real estate company of the highest integrity that covers all facets of real estate, including brokerage, joint ventures, commercial and residential development, consulting and property management. Mr. A. Lauer is continuing that legacy.
Professionally, Mr. Lauer has been:
- Awarded Mayor of Herndon’s 2014 Volunteer Appreciation Award.
- President and Life Director of the NVBIA (Northern Virginia Building Industry Association) and past President and Life Director of the NVBIA Sales & Marketing Council.
- Charter member of the Board of Directors and “The Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.”
- Chairman of MAME (Major Achievements in Marketing Excellence) for 12 years for NVBIA.
- Chairman of FFL (Finest for Family Living) for 10 years for NVBIA
- Chairman of the Legislative Committee for the NVBIA.
- MIRM designation from the National Association of Homebuilders.
- Recipient of the NVBIA’s highest and most coveted Emil Keen award for more than 25 years of outstanding service.
- 1987 NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) Man of the Year.
- Past-President and Board of Directors, NAIOP.
- Past President of The Lions Club.
- Awarded Best Mixed Use Project Award by NAIOP in 2006.
- Past Chairman of the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors of the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Vice President Reston Interfaith Affordable Housing.
- Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Excellence.
- Original Donation as an R28 Benefactor for Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce – Outstanding Small Business for 2006.
- Best of Reston – Company of the Year by Reston Interfaith and Reston Greater Chamber of Commerce for 2008.
- Awarded three of nineteen awards by National Commercial Builders’ Council competing with developers across the United States in 2008.
- Vice President of the Economic Development Committee, Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Devotion to Children – a significant fundraiser, donor and board advisor.
- Serves on Steering Committee to Preventing & Ending Homelessness.
- Serves on Fairfax County Affordable Housing Preservation Action Committee & Governance.
- John Connolly’s Affordable Housing Task Force.
Real Estate Development Properties:
- Eurotherm International Corporate Headquarters – 52,000 square foot office flex build-to-suit.
- Comsearch Corporate Headquarters – 78,000 square foot build-to-suit joint venture.
- Hunter Laboratories Corporate Headquarters – 75,000 square foot build-to-suit joint venture.
- The Pond Office Building – 48,000 square foot whole building sale.
- Sunrise Valley Convenience Center – 25,000 square foot office/retail condominium.
- Potomac Falls Professional Center – 160,000 square foot office condominiums for sale.
- Reston Town Center Residential Condominium – 237,000 square foot ultra-luxury residential.
- 8230 Boone Boulevard – 62,000 square foot office condos.
- Broadlands Center – 30,790 square foot office and retail condos.
- Waples Mill Commerce Center – 25,309 square foot office condos.
- Fairway Executive Center – 50,000 square foot speculative office building.
- Herndon Commerce Center – 28,000 square foot retail/office – for sale.
- Leesburg Business Park – 58,500 square foot warehouse condos.
- University Professional Center – 87,000 square foot office condos & lease.
- Leesburg Commerce Center – 65,000 square foot office & retail condos with an additional 27,000 square foot for sale, build to suit, pad site.
- Lewinsville Professional Center – 71,054 square foot of Class “A” office building, currently being converted from office to office condominiums